Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

shot gun mic

Status
Not open for further replies.

bond000

could anyone give me a shotgun amp circuit for long range listening? is it really possible to intercept a conversation at 100 feet? i made a few amps but, the background noises are overriding it. like birds,wind etc. are there any filter circuits ? please help.

Are you using a directional microphone? YOu will always have trouble with wind though and any other noise within the cone of reception.

Last edited:
Yes. you are right. but, i also need an amplifier(for listening in to faint sounds) to use with the mic. could you help me with that?

Any low noise opamp makes an excellent mic preamp.
If sounds from birds and wind cause interference then a highpass filter will remove some of the wind rumbling sounds and a lowpass filter will remove some of the bird sounds leaving you with sound like a telephone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back