Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

shocker circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

melvin

I need some help designing a circuit which runs on a 9v battery and gives moderate shocks. i have a bronze 'round peg' and a bronze 'square hole'. when i try to place the round peg into the square hole, when the two make contact, i want to be given a minor shock. i have found some designs for shocker circuits on the internet and in this forum, but they all require a pushbutton switch and a delay in the delivery of the shock. i need a shock which is delivered at the moment of contact.

Here is a Dazer Circuit

Attachments

• dazer_997.gif
    dazer_997.gif
    9.5 KB · Views: 4,832
Here is a Stun Gun Circuit

Attachments

• stun_gun.gif
    stun_gun.gif
    14.6 KB · Views: 3,262
melvin said:
I need some help designing a circuit which runs on a 9v battery and gives moderate shocks. i have a bronze 'round peg' and a bronze 'square hole'. when i try to place the round peg into the square hole, when the two make contact, i want to be given a minor shock. i have found some designs for shocker circuits on the internet and in this forum, but they all require a pushbutton switch and a delay in the delivery of the shock. i need a shock which is delivered at the moment of contact.
If you want the shock to occur between the two brass objects, it won't work. When you touch them together, they form a short circuit, and no voltage can be developed across a short. You could use the short as a switch to trigger a shock, but the voltage would have to be developed between the brass objects and a third point. If you had a well-insulated metal sleeve on one of the objects, that sleeve could be the third point.
I should point out that high voltage applied from hand to hand can be fatal, as it allows current to flow through the heart. I suspect that most hobbyist "stun gun" circuits are incapable of delivering fatal current levels (100ma?), but maybe with wet hands...???

You could just solder 2 brass plates onto a Capacitor.
When you charge it up it will give a nice jolt when you touch both sides.

do u want a shock that will send someone into convulsions, or a shock that u can have fun with? cuz those stun gun circuits aren't made for coming up behind ur friend n giving him a little shock :shock:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back