Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

shift register needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

AtomSoft

Im looking for a Shift Register with a Latch and Serial Data Out.

More info:

Serial in 8 Bit Parallel Out with Latch and Serial Out for daisy chaining.

Im looking for a Shift Register with a Latch and Serial Data Out.

More info:

Serial in 8 Bit Parallel Out with Latch and Serial Out for daisy chaining.

hi atom,
This S/R is OK for driving devices.

Good luck with the job.

Last edited:
Nice! quick too! thanks!

Can i bother for 1 more thing ? lol

I need a cheap fast NPN transistor. Not sure if its called a MOSFET? i know nothing of types lol

switching at least 100-200mA

I need a cheap fast NPN transistor.
switching at least 100-200mA

What frequency and voltage are you switching at? A BFY51 has an Ft of around 50MHz....is that fast enough for you...?

A BF471 has a higher Ft and is a high voltage device

Last edited:
lol im going to use a 8-20MHZ pic.... 50 should be great lol might overkill but i need something that can switch as fast as i can on a pic of that speed.

I found this:
74HCT4094N

At NEWARK.. i kept look based on info from the first one Eric posted and found it....Thanks!

Transistor i will look into now thanks

Those are SOIC only i think... i found the same in DIP

TPIC6A595

hi,
Are wanting a 'wire thru' lead transistor.?
If yes, the 2N2222 is a good general purpose npn.

thanks ill make sure to get the FAIRCHILD ersion: PN2222A since it can handle 1A and is cheap

hi atom,
Watch out for the 3 different case styles for the thru pin version of the 2N2222:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back