Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Shielding

Status
Not open for further replies.

linguist

I have a situation where I need to stack one circuit board via spacers on top of another due to space restriction. They will roughly be 25mm apart do you think I should use a shield between the two circuits as well as it is for audio use.

I was thinking of maybe using blank circuit board material with the copper as the shield & grounding it.

Can you see any issues I may have?

Cheers

With 25mm you probably don't need it ...but.... Your plan sounds like a sound one to make sure.

Unless the circuit boards have some high impedance signal lines it's highly unlikely that you will get any noticeable crosstalk between the two boards.

Well, it's spacer installed and easily and completely reversible both ways so you aren't losing anything by just comparing what you get with and without it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back