Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Rfi Shielding

Status
Not open for further replies.

carbonkate

I am looking for a Simple and effetive way to block rf.

I am not talking about doing anything illegal. Its more of a Faraday Cage to put my electronics in to block the rf from leaving when they are placed inside the box.

I have spent a good 18 hours researching and its either to expensive ,the websites do not have a price or they are in china.

They sell rf shielding paint but thats is 100 euro for 1ltr of paint and again that is in america.

I would like to get something from the uk.

Aluminium would work however the foil is not nice to work with it makes a lot of noise it dents easily and its very thin and tears.

copper seems a good alternative however its not very easy to work with unless you have tools to cut it shape it and them solder it.

One site sells "Electrically Conductive Silver Paint" which is says "It provids radio frequency interference shielding"

Some say carbon fibre blocks rf others say it does not work very well.

Ideally i would like some kind of fabric that is coated in RF sheidling that would block RF.

I would like it to block High frequency lets say from 800mhz to up 2.1ghz
lead would work well i am told but the health effectsa of lead are dangours and its to heavy.

i also tried graphite but that would not work very well.

they sell rf blocking wallets online but they are to small and again just made from aluminuim.

the other thing i read is that if you put iron powder in to paint it would block RF but how true this is i do not know.

Any advice would be great.

Also where can you get or how can you build a device that would detect the radio signals so that you can monitor to see if there is any RF getting through the Rf blocking box that i build?.

The ability of any material to block RF depends on exactly how you will use it. So, to answer your question, you need to show us the box.

A heavy aluminum electronics construction box with no holes provides good shielding for EMI. Any holes, such as for ventilation, would need to be covered by copper or aluminum mesh. Any wires or connections going in or out would need feed-through EMI filters. Signal wires should have coax fittings and connectors.

What level of EMI attenuation do you need?

re

I am looking for something that is not of a metal color or doe snot like metal like RF blocking fabric. They sell it all over america but its hard to find in the uk.

its to put devices like wifi, mobile phones, bluetooth and devices in so the signals get blocked when you put your devices inside.

Hi everyone, I was downloading some stuff few days ago and saw EMI/RFI shields from this guys, so maybe to shoot them an e-mail and to ask to give you more info? I mean, they do it for living, so they should provide us better info.

https://masach.partcommunity.com/

...Also where can you get or how can you build a device that would detect the radio signals so that you can monitor to see if there is any RF getting through the Rf blocking box that i build?.
That would be a receiver or a spectrum analyzer. If you think RFI shielding is expensive, wait until you price these...

Warning

Ancient thread alert.

JimB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back