Shed update!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roboticinfo

Looks like my brother is going to help me on the shed for free!!!!!!!!!!! Finaly because he was charging to much and I ran out of money.

The shed may not be as complex as I wanted it to be but at least I will have a place to do all my projects and open a mini robotics store but I am still deciding on that.

I am getting a new digital camera for x-mas and will take a picture of it when it is near completion but now I have some one to work with so I can get it done quicker.

But the simpicty of the shed is not of my liking but I got to get that stupid thing done.

zachtheterrible said:
You can always add stuff as you go :lol:

Well not really since we are building it quickly and today we got a lot done. I wouldn't be suprised if we finished the shed before january 15, but it is nothing complex, it is just looking like a reguler shed now but it will be a place to work, better then nothing.

Hiya Robotic,
Eh mate what size is the shed ie: length,width and height :?: I used to make shed's and pergola's up in northern Oz where they get cat 5 cyclones and I just want to be sure that all the work you're putting into the shed doesn't get blown down when a strong storm goes by. Simple measures can be implempted to strenghten the structure so I can suggest a few things if you want as I'd hate to see your new shed blowing past the mythbusters when I'm watching the show.

Cheers Bryan

Well the original size was going to be a 12'x20' but my brother said that it will take to long so he said we are going to do a 10'x14', Which is not what I want but it will be done so much faster and I will have someone to work with but my brother told me he will only help me if it is going to be a 10'x14' So I guess I have to go with that small size. :cry:

I too cant wait for the photos.

You cod always make it biger later.(wen you get cash)

That wod be prety stupid to get it blown down by a storm.(months of work and stuff inside bye bye)

:shock: 10'x14' wow thats about the size of an average Aussie outhouse :twisted: We get that size over here at the local hardware store for under a grand. With all the hype you went on about the shed robotic I thought it was a 20'x40' atleast. Well a shed of that size can be put together to lockup stage in under a carton of beer :twisted:

Cheers Bryan

It was to be a 12'x20' but my brother ain't going to do that
Plus anything over 20' for a shed requires a lot of perments it would be consider a structure after 20' so I had a limit but my brother ain't going to help me so 10'x14' I guess

This is what the shed should look like but I will be shure to add a few little odds and ends.

Attachments

• shed021.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 337
Nice ugly shed. It could use some flower baskets or something hanging under the windows. Phoney white shutters beside the windows would look cool.

Does the big door have its hinge at the bottom?

Is the vent at the top of the roof to let smoke out from blown-up circuits? :lol:

Eh Robotic,
That's not a bad looking outhouse but like I said a shed of that size could be put together by 2 blokes in less than a carton of beer :twisted: . Surely taking your time you could build that by yourself I mean it would be a kit shed so it's just a big mechannco set really. Just don't forget to put some footings in and concrete them in.

Cheers Bryan

i built one for myself just last summer. i cant tell you the size (cause i dont have them) but it looked kinda the same size. it took me about a week (from morning to the evening) but got it finished. only a little help from mi dad, who helped to build the base (concrete etc) all abowe the ground mine built.

(ah and did i mention i was just 16 years old.) :twisted:

Ugly? I was thinking tar paper siding with a corrugated sheet metal roof. That is a thing of beauty! Of course, the additions you suggested will still help.
If you let the smoke out, won't the shed stop working?

The shed is only going to be there for a year so I don't plan on finishing something that will be destroyed after the year is done not this year next.

I am going to live in one of the houses we own in virgina and go to college close by so I think I am going to build the huge shed over there plus I got 5 acres over there and I can build what ever size I want with out the city on my ass so I think I will put the permanet shed there.

This will be temporary
and I don't think I am ready to start an online business just yet but I will later on.

I just want my own lab
and in less then a month I will have it so no problems there.
It's better then having everything in storage and boxes.

After the year I got to take it down because my dad don't want a shed in the backyard so he said you can have it there as long as I take it there before I go.

I told my son to move his stuff from the garage before he goes.
The stuff is still there and he didn't go.

lol
well my dad will do everything in his power to kick me out once I graduate and he would take that shed down himself.

I wouldn't be surprised if that shed is bigger than my room :!:

Its amazing how the young guys in technology want to start businesses early. I'm thinking of doing one myself as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…