Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Sex Toy Vibrator Motor

Will name brand (Duracell/Energizer) batteries burn out a vibrator prematurely?

• YES

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Theoretically, but highly unlikely

• NO

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I met those two clowns in person last year. They had a DVD with them on lighting farts... myth or fact. It was an episode that Discovery Channel wouldn't allow to air. Adam actually welded a steel frame to hold a his feet in the air allowing him to use a lighter placed next to his butt. He ate a bunch of food that would give him plenty of gas... and the slo-mo camera documented it all. It's no myth!

AllVol said:
Is there any way to make this thread disappear?

lol, yeah, some things I never thought I would see on an electronics forum:eek:

"Mommie, my teacher said I could learn about batteries from the internet, and to Google. What does a 'dildo' do"?

AllVol said:
Is there any way to make this thread disappear?
Yes... just stop posting replies to it. Oppps sorry, now I did it! :D
He ate a bunch of food that would give him plenty of gas... and the slo-mo camera documented it all. It's no myth!
Apparently it depends on the intestinal bacteria that the individual has. Some produce flammable outbursts, some do not.
The bearings in the cheap motor are not precision and probably are not lubricated so they have friction.
Lubrication is recommended. ;)

I just cant see a name brand battery burning out a motor any faster

The batteries may not last as long though and you will have to spend more money at that store with cheap batteries at a not so cheap price giving the store more money which is what they are all after.

If all else fails, send it to myth busters LOL

I read though some of the posts and yea now I'm starting to think it might just be possible but highly unlikely
if the motor is cheap/underrated for the input its getting it may die

I suggest getting some meter readings..amperage and voltage measurements including how long each type battery last...

Last edited:
They say that on the site just to make you void the warranty at one point. Who the heck is gonna run off to the store to get "special" batteries when in the heat of the moment. Your gonna shove the first batteries you can find in there, which are gonna most likely be Duracell or Energizer. If it is really true then it is very poor engineering on their part.

I'm looking for a new job, perhaps a sex toy electronics engineer is the job for me!

But if you over-design it so it doesn't burn out then it will cost too much and nobody will buy it. If people do buy it then it will last forever and no replacements will be sold.
Lose, lose.

Yea that is too true. Just look at any consumer product. It seems the only electronic industry trying their hardest to make products that last as long as possible are the discrete parts manufacturers. Everyone else then uses those components in a way that makes them fail so you have to keep buying appliances.

Yep, this is absolutely a myth and people should be advised to not to go with these so called clerks say as these does not affect the motors in any ways, I have been using the said sex toy for over 3 years and have never got any problem whatsoever. I also inquired about this from my fellow friends and they also had to say the same thing.

buurin said:
Nice... At least I have one supporter :)

This woman tonight went off on me! She told me how the motors get so hot they cause burns and can melt the toy. I then told her I didnt believe it, that I have close to 30 toys and not one has ever malfunctioned and I use duracells all the time. She then told me I clearly dont care about my girlfriend, and if I were to be the one putting the toy in me then I would probably heed her warnings.

So not only do I want to know will the motor burn out, but would they also cause the motor to overheat excessively -- to the point of burns and/or melting? She claims she herself tested this theory and had the toy melted!

The lady is a liar ! to start with toys of any kind like all equipment must be approved by standards and would not get approved if there was the risk of them burning out melting and other horrible things,
They should be recomending higher capacity batteries and if these are too powerfull put different motors in them to handle it, if a high power battery is so bad why don't they recomend rechargeble batteries these are all 0.25 volts lower and perfect for this so called theory. but no they reccomend their own cheap batterys
by the way I suggest you use rechargebles cheaper and more environmentally friendly

I have a little fan that is powered by two AAA cells. It runs faster with 1.2V Ni-MH cells than with 1.5V alkaline cells because the thing draws over 1A and little AAA alkaline cells drop to 1V or less each due to their higher internal resistance. The Ni-MH cells are also used in an electric model airplane I made and can pass 8A without any problem. Alkaline cells curl up and die with much less than 8A.

So the sex toy would be more powerful and get hotter if powerful battery cells were used. They are designed to be used with wimpy batteries.

well basically they are using under rated motors sure you put in a 2.5 volt motor and run it on 3 volts yea there will be problems in the long run

"3V" incandescent flashlights use lightbulbs rated at only 2.4V. Because new ordinary battery cells have internal resistance so their voltage is only 1.2V, not 1.5V.

These are sex toys, not heavy duty appliances. They are not used at max power continuously for hours (maybe they are?). If they burn out then replace them.

This thread was kind of amusing at first, unbelieviable. Never thought this would actually be a concern, or something to chat about. I've never actually seen one of these toys, other than in a movie. Couldn't imagine ever going into a store selling such things. Basically, the store sells cheap batteries to limit liability, because they know they are selling you cheap ass junk that will fail, and you will most likely just buy a new one. Can't imagine these things as being so expensive or valuable that a customer would complain, return, or seek repairs. With all the weird diseases going around, nobody would want to even touch a stranger's toy, once used. For those who buy these things, wouldn't it be kind of gross to find you've using a factory-refurbished unit...
Do they sell extend warranties, like most any other appliance? Are there ever product recalls and repairs?

Extended warranties? LOL:D I wonder what a fair amount would be for the deductible? And then there are the factory authorized service centers that employ factory trained technicians.

You mentioned that vibrator motor is rated 1.2 Volt. If so then yes , it may heat with branded batteries as they are rated as 1.5 volts. Also branded battery can supply power for longer period with no fall in terminal voltage. A motor designed for 1.2 Volt will draw more current and can heat. In case of unbranded battery the the terminal voltage of 1.5 volt will quickly fall to 1.3. Hence motor will not heat up. Just a case of poor design.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back