Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Seven segment display to bcd

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never heard of an off-the-shelf chip that performs that function. The 74hc147 decodes decimal into BCD, but that's about all I know of. You could program a rom (EPROM, EEPROM , whatever) to do it. Use the seven-segment data as the address input data to the rom and the rom's data bus as the BCD output. This would waste a lot of rom space, as only a total of ten addresses (those corresponding to numbers 0-9) would be used. Or, you could just program a PIC to do it.
JB

LijoeThomas said:
Does anyone know of an ic which can convert sevent segment output back to bcd.
I doubt if there is one available as there would be little use for it.

If you want to do it, then you would have to design your own combinational logic circuit using gate ICs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back