Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Setting an output frequency in 555 timer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, Eric. Take the simulated 4060, and create a symbol for it, and then put it in a hierarchical schematic. Then up load the zip file so I can use it too. :)

Hey, Eric. Take the simulated 4060, and create a symbol for it, and then put it in a hierarchical schematic. Then up load the zip file so I can use it too. :)

hi Mike,
My pleasure, I will tidy it up a little, then create a hierarchical schematic for posting.

hi,
The beta 4060m1 LTS files zip is attached.
I would appreciate feedback and comments, I will check the circuit with a crystal osc and also confirm the RC timing.

EDIT:
Added LTS 1mHz Xtal image.

Attachments

• 4060m1.zip
    1.9 KB · Views: 137
  • LTSxtal_1mhz.gif
    LTSxtal_1mhz.gif
    10.3 KB · Views: 177
Last edited:
Hi Eric.

Thanks again.
Would this configuration work? Having the LED toggling every 100ms.

(Vs would be 5V, and I'll connect LED + (Current limiting) Resistor to pin #3 - OUT).**broken link removed**

What is VC (Pin #5) connected to?
I assume its a capacitor, but what kind of a capacitor?

Hey.

Could you please help me figure out what is the value of the resistor (in yellow) that connects the DIS pin (#7) to VCC?

Hey.

Could you please help me figure out what is the value of the resistor (in yellow) that connects the DIS pin (#7) to VCC?
hi Eng,
Its a optional output of the square wave at pin #3, I have shown a 10K, the value depends upon what the pin is driving into.

Last edited:
ya, i know... i get answers to many ques there... also googled
But my question was on > Nomenclature of IC's
On what basis 7404 is 7404 ? why 74?
Why 8051 micro-controller is 8051?
How does an inventor name his IC?
Can 2 different designs(completely different) have same IC no?

Thanks for the previous post...

Eric,
Would you mind attachig your zip files for the 4060 as text files. For some reason I can't unzip from this site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back