Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Servo Motor problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

neoandrewson

Hi all,

I'm trying my hand on a new servo motor. I've given a +5V supply to the red wire, ground to the black wire. The control is given by a signal generator with foll specs: 20 ms pulse duration, 1.5 ms pulse high time, 5 Vpp.
+5V supply is from wall adaptor capable of giving 500mA current.

The problem is motor rotates without control signal, and it rotates only in one direction. And the application of control signal makes no difference.

Have i fried my motor??

Thanks for help..

Any ideas?? I have tested on two servo motors already. The first one is now not responding at all and the second motor responds only in one direction. I'm not able to understand this repeating behavior of motor.
Am i missing any details?
Please Help me out :confused:

Is 5Vpp both plus and minus 5V? If so then you may have fried something. Servos work fine if you supply the correct signal and so you either provided a supply too high a pulse that was other than 0-5V.

Post some more details and we may be able to help.

Mike.

Hi,

Pommie is Right ... you fried something.

Probably your adaptator is NOT a regulated one and your servo has seen much more than the 5v ( limit is around 7.5 - 8 v for Electronics ).

Motor is still alive ... but amplifier is out of use.

a brand new servo is to add to Santa's list .... may be the 5v supply too ... if You were a good boy !

Alain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back