Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Series of Automatic Doors motor/sensor/mechanics suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

donnagalea

I want to make a series of automatic doors down a hallway. Because I'm a beginner in electronics and programming, my first model is going to be around 2ft high by 1.5ft wide by 3 ft (50cm high x 25cm wide x 1m). Table-top model size.

I'm planning on using 1 servo motor (around 1 amp current) per door - and using a crank-shaft mechanism to power the adjoining door.

And photocell sensors for sensing people.

I'd like reuse my sensors to build a lifesize version - doors that close up a hallway.

Is this the best and most practical way to do it? How much torque is ideal? I can figure out some lightweight materials such as sheet metal and wire mechanism if neccessary. What power supply should I consider?

What are my other options?

This project (small 1st model) is due for me 11/5/09. I'd like to get help with this asap. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back