Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Serial port in Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProFPGA

Banned
HI ,

i am looking for a hyper-terminal type application for vista.
I have tried Matlab , but i have no success.
Any ideas ???

Do you meant to say that Hyperterm doens't work with Vista? What about Terraterm?

Hyper Terminal works fine in Vista and Windows 7, it just isn't included in those operating systems. I have had no problem running it in Vista 64 bit. Read this article and download the zip file. Just make sure as mentioned you place the two files in the same folder.

Ron

Glad it worked out for you. I created a folder in C: \Program Files and named it Hyper Terminal and extracted the zip folder content to that folder. Then made a desktop shortcut to the executable and it has worked fine for me. The important thing is keeping the .DLL and .EXE together in the same folder.

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back