Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

serial data encoder\decoder

Status
Not open for further replies.

bloody-orc

Does anyone know a encoder\decoder pair to transmit serial data over RF?

It takes plain serial in and sends encoded data out.

bloody-orc said:
Does anyone know a encoder\decoder pair to transmit serial data over RF?

It takes plain serial in and sends encoded data out.

Generally the RF module manufacturers sell them, for an example see - basically they are just pre-programmed micro-controllers, often PIC's.

but from some bigger manufactors like motorolla? I hate buying from distant places. the shipping usually costs 10 times more than the order itself (have seen one with shiping cost here $90 :shock: ) But when it is all known manufactor then i might find it from my local store.

bloody-orc said:
but from some bigger manufactors like motorolla? I hate buying from distant places. the shipping usually costs 10 times more than the order itself (have seen one with shiping cost here $90 :shock: ) But when it is all known manufactor then i might find it from my local store.

It's highly unlikely, they aren't manufactured IC's, simply pre-programmed micro-controllers. Presumably you're buying the radio modules?, you should be able to buy encoders from the same place?, or even buy ones with in-built encoders.

there where i bought were only those button ones(press a button, i encode it). No serial ones :'( guess i have to make my own

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back