Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

serial data communication debugging

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tell you what, why don't you draw something up and post it and we can then tell you if it will work properly or not ;) It's is in fact your project.

Lefty

Might be fun to daisy chain the serial ports, you'll have to echo the data though.
So TX1 to RX2, TX2 to RX3, TX3 to RX1
Puddles of fun.

I did something like that once. The user needed to have up to 4 boxes connected to the serial port on a workstation. I used a RS232 based network with addressed packets.

On powerup boxes were setup not to pass packets to the next box. That allowed the workstation to talk to the first box and assign it an address. Then turn on the connection to the next box and assign it an address. The boxes did not speak unless spoken to so the workstation needed to poll periodically.

Last edited:
Sorry & thanks

Let me do it myself

Nobody's giving up here. This is a help forum. But you need to help us, help you. We're not mind readers and it is hard at times visualizing someone elses visualization of what they want (That means your not in the design stage yet). It would help if you at least had a visual representation of what you want, and post it. We're more than willing, but you have to be as patient as we've been with you.:(

You are right rezer. We all are here to help each other.
I always wish all of you to help me technically.
Sorry for the unprofessional attitute, specially from Lefty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back