Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Serial communication using io port

Status
Not open for further replies.

elrond

I am making a keyboard with ps2 interface....

Now I want to do the io transmission using io ports and nt by using usart....

The ps2 protocol is serial communication at a frequency of 10 -15 khzs...
How can I use the io ports .....

I am making a keyboard with ps2 interface....

Now I want to do the io transmission using io ports and nt by using usart....

The ps2 protocol is serial communication at a frequency of 10 -15 khzs...
How can I use the io ports .....

15kHz = 66us per cycle.
10kHz = 100us per cycle.

I'm doing serial comms with 100us period (Using a 4MHz clock on my PIC's) - PIC16F876 to eight 12F675's. I'm not following standard serial comms protocol, so I get away with the 100us cycles, but if you need to do more code between cycles, go for a higher clock speed (8-20MHz)

The only problem is the distance between the PIC and the PC, but I assume seeing that you are using PS2, you will not go more that 2m on the cable.

The length of cable is less than 2 mtr....

But my question is I would like sum help on how to transmit the 8 bit code used in keyboards bit by bit with start bit stop bit and parity bit

Have a look at tutorials.

might just be what you are looking for

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back