Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

seperating digits on two 7-segments

Status
Not open for further replies.

abuarab88

hello everyone,

i have a project that do the following
we have akeypad and two 7-segments
we need to dispaly anumber from 00 to 99
the problem is when we press 9
it gives 99
if we press 7 it gives 77
how can we seperate each number alone on the 7-segment
you can see my circuit in the attachments

we are forbidden of using pic microcontroller

Attachments

• h.PNG
    h.PNG
    47.9 KB · Views: 172
hi,
When using the 74C922 'DA' you have a 'race' condition between the inverted signal driving the 4027 clock and the two AND gate outputs driving the 'LE' on the 4511's.

You need to add a delay circuit in the DA lines/4027/AND.

Use a scope and you will see the 'timing' problem and the point where the delay is required. OK.?:)

hi,
When using the 74C922 'DA' you have a 'race' condition between the inverted signal driving the 4027 clock and the two AND gate outputs driving the 'LE' on the 4511's.

You need to add a delay circuit in the DA lines/4027/AND.

Use a scope and you will see the 'timing' problem and the point where the delay is required. OK.?:)

thank you
but i really did not understand your answer
if you have simpler circuit but that one i put
i would be glad
thanx

I believe the circuit logic is incorrect. The 4511 requires a "1" on the LE input to latch the data. With no keypad input both LE inputs are "0" (DA=0)which means they both respond to the BCD input signals. You need to invert the LE signals to the 4511's inputs. That way the LE signal selected by the FF will go low when the BCD output is valid (DA=1) and the BCD data will be input. This will then be latched into the 4511 when the keypad button is released (DA goes low) and LE goes high.

Also the 4511 /BL and /LT lines must be connected to logic high for proper operation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back