Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Sensor responsivity

Status
Not open for further replies.

leonel

Hi... I have a PIR sensor and in datasheet says it has a "Responsivity (500K, 1Hz, 1Hz) of 4.3mVpp". What´s this meaning? Usually what´s the output of a PIR sensor? I read the datasheet and it doesn't say anything...

PIR sensitivity

This is a wild guess! The "500K" could be either the resistive load on the detector during testing or a temperature in degrees Kelvin.

If the 500K means a target temperature of 500 degrees Kelvin, it would be a pretty high temperature for a PIR device intended for intrusion detection. Do you know the intended application of your detector? Intrusion or industrial? The Kelvin temperature scale uses the same increments as the centigrade scale, but referenced to 0 degrees K at absolute zero. Thus, water freezes at 273 degrees K and boils at 373 degrees K. 500 K would be pretty hot, though, at 440 degrees F, which casts doubt on my guess.

1 Hz would probably be a chopping frequency, i.e., the rate at which a blade type chopper modulated the view of the hot target. However, this seems to be quite a low frequency for an optical chopper. Don't have a guess about what the second "1 Hz" would be.

Your spec doesn't really seem to be complete (as is frequently the case).

Who made your detector?

Good luck.

awright

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back