Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

sensor current intensity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a current monitor with detects ~0.8A

Attachments

• Mon.png
    Mon.png
    28.2 KB · Views: 149
That circuit doesn't stop th motor, it just outputs a signal when the current limit is exceeded.

The transistor starts to turn on when the base emitter voltage exceeds about 0.6V to 0.7V so the current limit can be calculated using Ohm's law, 0.6/0.8 = 0.75R.

If you want to shut down the motor, you'll need to have a time delay.

Why not just use a polyfuse as I said in my response on the last page?

I know it isn't the done thing, but you'll need to select a polyswitch with a trip current of about 80% of the desired value, otherwise it's possible it'll never trip.

Is you the one in charge of the design?

Sorry to tell you but your confusion about units and your questions make to suspect that you are lazy (sure you have the right to it..) or you did not play enough with calculations to not finding your mistakes before posting.

mikeml, thank you!

If I decide to stop my engine to 600mA which would have to make changes in circuit?

Diddle RS (the shunt resistor).

Attachments

• MON1.png
    MON1.png
    35.8 KB · Views: 151
Is you the one in charge of the design?

Sorry to tell you but your confusion about units and your questions make to suspect that you are lazy (sure you have the right to it..) or you did not play enough with calculations to not finding your mistakes before posting.

men, I fooled myself to post the values .. the power of my engine is between 600mA to 800mA, to me what interests me is that I get a current limiter .. I already immunotherapy in google, in schemes against anything, pa limit of my current motor and to stop when it exceeds the current!

not lazy just asked for help ..

Last edited:
i need your help

Mike gave you a circuit to do exactly what you want to do. His last circuit listed the shunt resistor values and gave you a choice. You use the Out of the transistor to do whatever you want when the current reaches the trip limit. What else can be done?

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back