Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Selecting DVM for Students ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

3v0

Coop Build Coordinator
Forum Supporter
I need to get DVMs for each student. This along with a breadboard setup will be part of a small electronics kit that the student will own.

After looking at a few I am leaning in the direction of this unit from Electronic goldmine for $15 US. I have seen some units as low as $5 but am leery. If you know of better for the same price or less I would like to know. (Please) :)

This is our best VOM! It features a data hold button, a backlight button that lights up the display for a few seconds so you can take readings in the dark, a continuity sound position and a hFE (gain) test position for transistors. It can measure 0-600VDC in 5 ranges, 0-600VAC in 2 ranges, 0-2 Meg ohm resistance in 5 ranges, diode test and 0-10 amps in 5 ranges. This deluxe digital VOM is only 5 1/2" x 2 3/4" x 1 5/8" and is black in color. Includes a removable yellow insulated holder. Brand new in sealed retail blister package with built in battery and flexible color coded insulated test leads. This is one of the best small digital VOMs that we have ever offered! G12941

**broken link removed**

Last edited:
I'd also recommend buying a large stock of replacement fuses.

This is what we use: https://www.elexp.com/tst_my64.htm
It's an off brand, but has survived the 3 years I've been here.It comes with a temp probe that we use occasionally. As mentioned before, you need to order spare fuses (250ma.)
because smoking them is gonna happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back