Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Seagate are offering £1,000 to use for any digital project

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmn_tech

Hi guys I Just found this offer from Seagate the digital storage people and I thought some of you designer types might be interested.

I think it applies to the UK though they may be making a similar offer in other countries.

**broken link removed**

This looks like a ploy to collect email addresses so that they can identify marketing targets.

It's just like the old "Free Vacation Contest". Just fill in your name, address and email where we can send you micromarketing spam.

Seagates Offer

Bob Scott said:
This looks like a ploy to collect email addresses so that they can identify marketing targets.

It's just like the old "Free Vacation Contest". Just fill in your name, address and email where we can send you micromarketing spam.

Could be, but a large fairly well respected international company like Seagate would not need individual peoples emails, as their main market is in the bulk sale of their goods and this award scheme is aimed more at individuals than big businesses.

O.K. they may have your address, but on first contact a simple throw away email address will save any spam, and a rubbish bin at home deals with most junk mail ;)

I often use such email addresses for web offers e.t.c. Using a different one for each company if any of them start filling with spam then I know not to deal with that specific company, as they are the only one's that have been given that address.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back