Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

school circuit problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
so its the same as impedance,,, in a series RLC circuit the XL and XC cancel and the impedance=resistance

so if you measure across the inductor and capacitor you get 0v and if you measure across the capacitor and the resistor you get 100v and if you measure across all 3 you get 100v..... i do understand now if this is correct

so its the same as impedance,,, in a series RLC circuit the XL and XC cancel and the impedance=resistance
Yep. The voltages cancel because the reactances cancel.
Note that VL and VC don't have to equal VR to cancel. VL and VC just have to be equal in magnitude.

Last edited:
thanks Roff for all the help and patience and i really do understand now hopefully i can proceed in my studies,,, i really do THANK YOU you have been a tremendous help to me

Dean

Last edited:
300 volts, if its a series circuit you just add them all up to find the voltage of the source.

Your wrong.

did you not read Roff's post?

Yes it is a series circuit but you are ignoring the phase of each component, the inductor is leading by 90 degrees and the capacitor is lagging by 90 degrees, at resonance they cancel out. 100V + 100V - 100 V = 100V, not 300V.

Quote:
Originally Posted by electech2u
300 volts, if its a series circuit you just add them all up to find the voltage of the source.

Your wrong.

did you not read Roff's post?

Yes it is a series circuit but you are ignoring the phase of each component, the inductor is leading by 90 degrees and the capacitor is lagging by 90 degrees, at resonance they cancel out. 100V + 100V - 100 V = 100V, not 300V.
Okay, I must be going crazy, how is Electech's post disappearing? There one sec, gone the next? I must be losing it. Hacker?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back