Schematics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sceadwian

Banned
I use LTspice for simulation but I find it's schematic editing sofware highly lacking for putting together basic functional ideas because it wasn't really designed specifically with real world devices in mind.

Can anyone recommend freeware schematic software that is just that, schematic's only, just the drawing elements nothing else? Element library would be the only important feature, I'd like to be able to call upon a common library of engineering components from multiple fields, ranging from LED's to multiposition switches. Obviously some subset of IC diagrams would be useful but mostly it's for ancilary componets like switches, batteries buttons pots ect.. ect..

(Edit)
Is there an LTspice library for common symbols that still use the standard models in LTspice?

Coiuld you use the schematic capture part of a PCB layout program like Eagle ?

My first thought would also be the schematic side of Eagle, coupled with joining the LTSpice Yahoo group--their component file library is quite good.

If you've tried both then I don't know what to suggest. I've heard it said that gEDA's gschem is getting good but I haven't loaded it in a while.

Torben

I use ExpressPCB (free) for just that purpose. Easy to use, and very easy to create any new component you need.

Ken

Sceadwian said:
(Edit)
Is there an LTspice library for common symbols that still use the standard models in LTspice?
I'm not sure what you mean.

It seems to make more sense to use a circuit editor that either ties into a simulator or a PCB editor. Or better yet, both.

Why do you want a stand alone circuit editor? You have me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…