Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Schematics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sceadwian

Banned
I use LTspice for simulation but I find it's schematic editing sofware highly lacking for putting together basic functional ideas because it wasn't really designed specifically with real world devices in mind.

Can anyone recommend freeware schematic software that is just that, schematic's only, just the drawing elements nothing else? Element library would be the only important feature, I'd like to be able to call upon a common library of engineering components from multiple fields, ranging from LED's to multiposition switches. Obviously some subset of IC diagrams would be useful but mostly it's for ancilary componets like switches, batteries buttons pots ect.. ect..

(Edit)
Is there an LTspice library for common symbols that still use the standard models in LTspice?

My first thought would also be the schematic side of Eagle, coupled with joining the LTSpice Yahoo group--their component file library is quite good.

If you've tried both then I don't know what to suggest. I've heard it said that gEDA's gschem is getting good but I haven't loaded it in a while.

Torben

I use ExpressPCB (free) for just that purpose. Easy to use, and very easy to create any new component you need.

Ken

TinyCAD might be just what you're looking for.

TinyCad looks just about right, thanks Papabravo.
I'll browse through the LTspice group as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back