Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Schematic proportions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

olly_k

ok, hope someone can help me with this non-electronic problem (didn't know where else to stick this thread :? )
Anyway, I have just got a service manual for a telly in acrobat format. The main chassis scema is presented on one a4? sized page.
Now I don't know about anyone else, but I like to read my schematics on paper so I decided to print it out, only to find it is so big it really needs to span an A2 sheet of paper! - it is barely readable on a4 but not comfortably.
Basically I need to print the diagram over several sheets of paper and have tried everything under the sun to do this, including -
1. zooming in and printing zoomed image - problem is printer doesn't 'scale' as well as acrobat so you loose resolution.
2. zooming in and pasting bits to PSP to peice diagram together - same problem but PSP and / or copy+paste doesn't handle scaling very well!
3. copying whole image to clipboard - problem being that my computer hasn't enough memory! (how much required for a B&W circuit diag???)
The best I have achieved yet is to zoom right in and print selected part - if I did this for whole diagram I think it would require about 100 sheets of A4 :shock:
Anyone know any program that I might have a chance of scaling this diagram down at the same time as making sure it remains readible?
Any help greatly appreciated!

This is a problem I have all the time at work, most TV manuals now come on DVD, CD, or as downloads - I use an A3 printer which helps somewhat.

The printer I use, an HP 1220C, allows you to tile the print across a number of pages - so I can print it out on four (or more) A3 sheets.

Check if your printer allows this!.

Another option, is to use the full Adobe Acrobat - rather than just the reader, apparently that allows you to do the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back