Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

schematic diagram for a digital clock...need help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

j00ooo00an

hello!! please help me with our project design.. i need an schematic diagram for a digital clock.. but we were given only 2 weeks from now to prepare.. below is the statement of the problem given to us by our instructor.

design a combinational circuit that will simulate the capacity of the digital clock to tell the current tme of the day. the design must be further more flexible enough such that it will have the capacity to be set to different time level should there be in consistencies with the displayed time and the actual time.
another design specfication is for time to be displayed in the standard format and not in the GMT (Greenwich Mean Time) format. microswitches should be employed as input transducers for the set/reset switches and the 555 astable multivibrator may be used in the generation of the 1 second clock pulse though other pulse sources are also preferable.
the second, minute, and hours parameter should be displayed, hence it follows that there should be at least six seven segment.

ill be waiting for replies..Thanks a lot. :)

j00ooo00an said:
hello!! please help me with our project design.. i need an schematic diagram for a digital clock.. but we were given only 2 weeks from now to prepare.. below is the statement of the problem given to us by our instructor.

design a combinational circuit that will simulate the capacity of the digital clock to tell the current tme of the day. the design must be further more flexible enough such that it will have the capacity to be set to different time level should there be in consistencies with the displayed time and the actual time.
another design specfication is for time to be displayed in the standard format and not in the GMT (Greenwich Mean Time) format. microswitches should be employed as input transducers for the set/reset switches and the 555 astable multivibrator may be used in the generation of the 1 second clock pulse though other pulse sources are also preferable.
the second, minute, and hours parameter should be displayed, hence it follows that there should be at least six seven segment.

ill be waiting for replies..Thanks a lot. :)

Ask your instructor for an extension, and do some searching. I gave you hints in your other digital clock post.

You would learn more if you do it yorself. You won't learn much by copying a circuit designed by someone else.

Have you done a search of this forum? There have been many digital clock threads, including one that I helped someone with recently.

Edit see

ljcox
your link was not available every time i locate in it, the browser always show a message that Page was not found... can u post another link for clock circuit that does not require a microprocessor?..

I like your instructor.. There is a ton of learning to be packed in there.. I think that if you dove into this with vigorous effort, alot of ppl would jump to help you with 'specific' problems..
If you want a quality clock pulse though, ditch the 555 and go with a crystal.. There isn't much difference regarding circuitry, just dependability..
Here is a rough timer I'm working on.. Its pretty remedial compared to what you need, but if you don't yet know how the oscilators/counters etc work together it might help..
This timer actually has no visible time output.. You simply set jumpers at the middle pair of CD4040B's to the number of minutes in your cycle period (day), then jumper on/off delays on the CD4040Bs on the left..
When the circuit is powered up, the xtal clock rate is divided to 2Hz and sent to a counter that divides that by 120 creating a 1 min clock..
The counters with the 12 diode banks all start counting minutes.. When on_delay is reached, the top left one will trigger the top right one to force-reset itself and flip on the relay.. This counter will automatically reset itself and with auto-reset once/day, turning the relay on once/day.. The bottom pair work similarily to turn the load off once/day.. Its all about getting those two cd4040b's in the middle properly out of sync.. After that, the counters on the left don't do anything..
(I just woke up, so I'll be back soon to double check that description.. )

Attachments

• Timer5.png
    Timer5.png
    219.1 KB · Views: 1,482
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back