Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Walters, or No Walters?

What should we do with Walters?

• KICK HIM OUT

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Give him another chance here

• Who is Walters?

• Nothing

• I haven't decided yet

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

mstechca

So far, I, and a number of other users have been bothered by Walters comments, especially in his recent 10-page thread about motors.

A user has suggested that he should be banned from this forum, and has another user in agreement with the idea.

Walters believes he deserves another chance.

What do you guys (and girls) think about him?

Personally, I am beginning to be sick of the way he handles our "professional" or at least "decent" answers, which at times we have to repeat to him in order for him to understand them, if he ever does.

and mods, if I placed this in the wrong section, feel free to move it. if you delete this post, please make sure the affected users understand my point, as I am trying to address the harasser to them.

I initially voted for the "I don't know" but seeing Walter's last posts in the last hour, I'm going to go for the "Kick him out" option.

Total banning maybe a little far, but i do want him suspended for a week or two.

Now i understand he is learning, i was just like him... when i was 7.

what's bothering me isn't his curiousity, but the fact that he's not listening to answers being given. He's not thinking about what he's told he's expecting us to think for him.

I would fully let him back with total and complete forgiveness if he would use his brains and condense his questions to just a few for the problem at hand, and then actually READ and CONSIDER the answers given by the other members instead of just outright denying them.

Right now, it seems like he's taking advantage of the FREE nature of this forum and the excessive kindness and patience of its members.

The forum should be proud of its good reputation, if this were another forum he'd be gone after his third post.

But as it stands he's making those users that are kind enough to answer him (styx and many more) really annoyed with his persistence and almost deaf attitude to the answers.

In the 18 months or so I've been a member of this forum I've never seen so many fellow members write aggresive posts to 1 particular member over the questions and responses of the halfwit. Even after the warnings a few of us gave him he still hasn't changed his ways so I'm all for booting Walters out of this forum. Although he would simply join under a different name we would know after his first post it was him. Consider the motor post Walters started less than 2 days ago it's already 11 pages long. Along with some very informative posts in that thread Walters still can't use that grey matter between his ears and move on instead he stated he would ask another 500,000 questions.

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH BOOT THE HALFWIT

I would have thought that most people here would have realised what he is like by now.
The answer is simple, just ignore his posts.

JimB

Well, I don't usually read other sections than Microcontrollers & ****-Chat, so I don't really know him. But from those few pages I read, He seems like to be "despererate" for Information.

Because there is no way, how to permanently BAN him from this Forum (Nick BAN, IP BAN... can be bypassed), I say we just Ignore his posts. If his post is not appropriate (ie rude topic Hijacking), I am sure that the Topic Moderator will take care of it...

By two cents.

Someone Electro said:
Just tell that to nigel then hes the mod.

I'm 'one' of the moderators, and if I think he posts something that requires deleting I will do so - as I will for ANY post or poster.

Personally I stopped replying to his posts weeks ago, having made my feelings clear - but perhaps it's the people feeding the troll that are keeping it going?.

Glyph said:
Total banning maybe a little far, but i do want him suspended for a week or two.
I just want Walters to (at the very least) understand us.

what's bothering me isn't his curiousity, but the fact that he's not listening to answers being given. He's not thinking about what he's told he's expecting us to think for him.
I agree

I would fully let him back with total and complete forgiveness if he would use his brains and condense his questions to just a few for the problem at hand, and then actually READ and CONSIDER the answers given by the other members instead of just outright denying them.
I don't have a problem with bloated questions, but I do have a problem with excessive questions in one post.

Right now, it seems like he's taking advantage of the FREE nature of this forum and the excessive kindness and patience of its members.
Yes, He is gaining information and giving us s*** to put up with in return.

But as it stands he's making those users that are kind enough to answer him (styx and many more) really annoyed with his persistence and almost deaf attitude to the answers.
I feel sorry for the annoyed users.

In the 18 months or so I've been a member of this forum I've never seen so many fellow members write aggresive posts to 1 particular member over the questions and responses of the halfwit. Even after the warnings a few of us gave him he still hasn't changed his ways so I'm all for booting Walters out of this forum.
Thats why I selected the "kick him out" option on the poll instead of the
"I don't know" option.

Consider the motor post Walters started less than 2 days ago it's already 11 pages long.
That thread is driving everyone nuts the most.

Along with some very informative posts in that thread Walters still can't use that grey matter between his ears and move on instead he stated he would ask another 500,000 questions.

I don't mind if he asks 1, 2, or 3 questions, but when he starts looking for questions from google to ask us, this is where problems happen.

Walters, the grey-matter the poster refers to is your "brain".

Is Walters the most annoying poster on this forum?

Do I read his posts?

Do we need to ban him?

Will he go away if we ignore him?

Answer to all questions, No.

Will changing Walters's forum status to "Novice" help?

Will banning the person who suggested changing Walters's status to "Novice" help?

eblc1388 said:
Will banning the person who suggested changing Walters's status to "Novice" help?
That's the correct answer! Ban both of them. :wink:

eblc1388 said:
Ban me? No

That's the correct answer! Ban both of them.

I only suggested that because the "electronics expert" status just does not fit him.

Perhaps this is a case of the pot calling the kettle black?
Yes.

I wonder if this thread should be locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back