Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Schematic capture, design, etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do not draw wires. Use the net command and draw nets. Icon three down from T (for Text).

I learnt something new today.:)

I have always used the wire command in the past. I'm now wondering what use is the wire command except to confuse!

Mike.

I learnt something new today.:)

I have always used the wire command in the past. I'm now wondering what use is the wire command except to confuse!

Mike.

I agree. There is a similar problem in the board editor. Most people who learn the system via trial and error will stumble into these things. It is best to start with a tutorial.

Thanks 3V0, you da man :) Now if i can just figure out the purpose of that wire cmd. The help explains it as:
Function
Adds wires (tracks) to a drawing.
Well that explains it... :(

Thanks 3V0, you da man :) Now if i can just figure out the purpose of that wire cmd. The help explains it as:
Function
Adds wires (tracks) to a drawing.
Well that explains it... :(

I suggest you ignore it. Both in the schematic editor and in the board editor. Use the net command to draw wires on the schematic and route to places the traces in the board layout.

But..but... It is just bugging me, I have to know. There must be a reason :)
But you are right. Ignore it may be best thing. But still...

But..but... It is just bugging me, I have to know. There must be a reason :)
But you are right. Ignore it may be best thing. But still...

If you worked through the tutorials you might find out. Our you could ask on the EagleCad mailing list.

I would like to figure out a way to add VSS and VDD layers witout buying the $500 package. Not that I need it. I just want to play :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back