Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Scart to component converter schematics?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mivvi UK

Am trying to get hold of some schematics to convert the scart signal from my Sky box into component, so it can plug directly into a plasma screen. Any ideas!

mivvi UK said:
Am trying to get hold of some schematics to convert the scart signal from my Sky box into component, so it can plug directly into a plasma screen. Any ideas!

Won't the plasma accept RGB? - far better quality than component, and (presumably) the native standard of the screen.

Hi Nigel, yes the screen accepts RGB but i want all my video to be plumbed through my amp, which accepts component only (Y/Pr/Pb). This will save me having to go into menus on the screen or scaler unit to view different sources. I can just select the appropriate input on the amp and thats it. Thanks for your reply.

mivvi UK said:
Hi Nigel, yes the screen accepts RGB but i want all my video to be plumbed through my amp, which accepts component only (Y/Pr/Pb). This will save me having to go into menus on the screen or scaler unit to view different sources. I can just select the appropriate input on the amp and thats it. Thanks for your reply.

What sort of amp is it?, component is fairly rare in the UK.

Will your amp accept composite video? - at the same time as switching component from the other items?. My personal opinion of Sky digital is that the program isn't anywhere near good enough to justify an RGB connection (I always run mine by composite). This is for a number of reasons - firstly the MPEG comression used destroys most of the quality (and even using RGB isn't anywhere near as good as an analogue picture), secondly none of the programme source is RGB quality - their cameras aren't RGB, and their programmes come off video tape.

Does your amp also accept S-Video, if so you could try and get a Sky Digibox with S-Video outputs - Grundig did some, and the Sky+ does as well.

Hi Nigel,
Im using a Denon 3803 amp which accepts the inputs: Component, S-Video + Video (The yellow phono type plug). Everything works fine as it is but am using a video scaler to run my Sky and VHS recorder. All i am trying to do is remove the scaler really, as everytime i want to watch video or sky i have to go through menus in the scaler and plasma to view it and then set the amp for the audio. As the amp handles video, it would be much better to get everything going through that. Just not sure what is the best way to go about it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back