Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Saving audio in microcontroller.

Status
Not open for further replies.

koolguy

Hi ,

is there any possibilities to save small few sec audio in micro controller like Pic16f877a and how, will it work??

Last edited:
I never thought I would say this, but now you are giving just a little bit too much info.. "sex audio".

I never thought I would say this, but now you are giving just a little bit too much info.. "sex audio".
I will connect colour sensor with Uc and uc wil speech like robots ''Its REd..''

Don't even consider a USB drive - VERY, VERY difficult to drive, as you need a processor with a USB master (almost all USB capable processors are USB slave only).

There are tons of layers for USB drive if need driving, and consumes a lot of memory. High end ARM processors are available for this, but they are not in prototyping form.

Some simple audio modules like the "WTV-020" (search in eBay and some local stores *might* stock up with these) with SD-Card slots actually helps a small microcontroller to play short pieces of audio files. Just send some commands to the module with the card inside and there you go.

I have made a WAV player using PIC18F and PIC32 with a high bitrate (44.1kHz) but it requires the MDDFS and the SD-Card slot.

Hi ,

is there any possibilities to save small few sex audio in micro controller like Pic16f877a and how, will it work??

LOL ;););)

This is really funny. All along I thought you were a hard working "student" maybe.

Regards,
tvtech

Last edited:
He meant "few seconds". The letter "c" can be confused with "ts", "x" and "kh".

Anyway, if the user needs to put wave files inside the SD-Card with the computer, he need to put the FAT16 driver in the microcontroller too. That, and that layer is not easy to write, and consumes a lot of ROM and RAM inside.

Or, just use the "WTV-020" modules. :p

He meant "few seconds". The letter "c" can be confused with "ts", "x" and "kh".

Anyway, if the user needs to put wave files inside the SD-Card with the computer, he need to put the FAT16 driver in the microcontroller too. That, and that layer is not easy to write, and consumes a lot of ROM and RAM inside.

Or, just use the "WTV-020" modules. :p

OK Brian, now I see. Languages were never one of my strong points..

Thanks for the help ;)

Regards,
tvtech

OK Brian, now I see. Languages were never one of my strong points..

Thanks for the help ;)

Regards,
tvtech

I dealt with a lot of Chinese-education students who mostly could not speak English well. In the end, I have to dissect whatever they said and "retranslate" again. Many confusions like "L" and "R" (got that a lot), "Z" and "ch"/"g" (saw one of my classmates written "Dizimon" instead of "Digimon"), "a" pronounced as "ä" (the 'a' in cat) and a lot more. What is worse is, a portion of them thinks that their English is all good until they can't write a simple sentence!

I'm not strong at languages - I struggled badly at Chinese. For 20 years of exposure, I couldn't even have a simple conversation in Chinese. I had more luck learning Russian or Dutch.

Apart from this, playing audio files in microcontroller is not a simple and a direct task. I'll summarize again:

1.) Get a small audio player module like "WTV-020". It works pretty well but with a small cost.

2.) Get a small PIC32 microcontroller (DIP form like PIC32MX120F032) with a lot of RAM. Use the Microchip's MDDFS and write a double-buffering scheme to play the wave file.

3.) Use the PIC32 microcontroller, and integrate the Microchip's Speex library.

Avoid using a USB flash drive as it's terribly complicated. SPI/I2C EEPROMs don't hold a lot of audio data unless if it's using specialized audio compressions like Speex. (not tested by me, I'm guessing)

Is there any other way then using this module??
can we use Two-wire Serial EEPROM

Last edited:
Is there any other way then using this module??
can we use Two-wire Serial EEPROM

Difficult to say without knowing exactly what you are doing. Serial eeprom might be too slow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back