Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Samsung TV UE65MU6100W 65 inch No picture, but sound

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teckman

Hello friends,

I have a 65 inch Samsung TV here with a problem. The screen no longer has a "normal" image, but random color everywhere. Sound can be heard from the television from a program that is playing.

The TV backlights are all fine and working great so I don't know where else the problem could be.

Would anyone happen to know what the problem would be and what part would need to be replaced?

Thank you in advance for your effort and cooperation!

Screen issue.jpg

Attachments

• Back.jpg
    Back.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 317
My immediate thought is LCD panel - buy a new TV. Even assuming a new panel is available (which is fairly unlikely), it would cost considerably more than the set did originally, or a new replacement would cost.

As an ex-Sony Service Agent, if that was a Sony set under warranty - I wouldn't have even removed the back, I'd have just instantly ordered a new LCD (or in later years, ordered a service exchange TV).

My first thought! lay set on face, remove bottom mount, remove tcon board cover at bottom, clean both ends of ribbon cables connecting main board to tcon board. ( at this point I would stop) BUT, Notice the small board at very bottom of lcd panel, where many small flex cables connect to lcd. SOME people have had LIMITED success with probing and wedging these cables to restore function TEMPORARILY .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back