Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Running Dos programs on Wnidows XP can it be done?.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viking

I have some old Dos ham radio programs that I would like to run on a
pentium with WindowsXP, i have tried several times but no luck,
wondering if there is a way to do that ?
Viking.

Dos on winXP

Unfortunately you may be out of luck... WinXP runs a DOS emulation which you can try running your apps by performing the following:
Click Start, then click run
Type cmd and click ok
Your DOS Prompt will come up
Locate the software and try to execute it.

Otherwise, I recommend finding a temporary PC to run Win98SE to work with your DOS applications.

Good luck!

I had a problem trying to use the DOS emulator in Windows 98. It ran some programs but could not cope with TSRs.

I got round the problem by using 'Adaptec' to make a bootable DOS 6.2 CD. It works a treat but I had to format a partion for FAT16. It may be that a later DOS version would handle FAT32.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back