Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

running 3 phase motor on 1 phase 220 to generat 3 phase

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdrum

about 12 years ago a freind of mine and i wired up a woodshop with three phase motors, we used 1 20hp 3 phase motor witch we started spinning with a 1/2hp motor via a belt around the shaft, then apllied single phase 220, and the motor ran. we then wired 3 phase on to the rest of the motors from the 20 hp. the 20 hp acted as a 3 phase generator to start the rest up to about a total of 18 hp. i want to do the same thing agan and can't remember just how we did it. i don't have acess to the origninal setup (500 mi away and freind is dead). i know it works we used it for three years making rocking chairs.

can anyone helpe me would be much appreciative

I've got a 'how to' thread on this in the renewable energy section.

thanks that got me in the right ballpark. i must have been using the wrong terminalagy.

jim

Last edited:
Here's the best and most information in one place on the web for 3 phase from single phase; **broken link removed**

Cary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back