Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RTL SDR Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

dr pepper

Most Helpful Member
I was thinking of putting together a Sdr server so I could put a sdr on one of the tall silo buildings at work, so I can access it at home or anywhere else for that matter.
Has anyone else done this or have any ideas?, I'd like to use an esp8266 or 32, I see there are a few that have used rasp pi's for this.

Don't know but i should have my sdr tomorrow but id think the pi would be better maybe a zero.
If you used the esp you need otg for the usb

Good point, the feather M0 with wifi is available for the arduino platform, but I guess theres not much support yet.
I found an app for the pi and the sdr.
The rtl can be used in direct sampling mode below 35mc, but I'd reccomend an upconverter, you'll also find the frequency is off by a kc or 2, but theres a correction register, you could use WWVB as a known source.

Wow, never heard of this before! I still don't understand how such a broad range of frequencies can be accessed simultaneously. Does the device scan the whole range in little slices at a high rate of speed, or what?

I just started playing with mine found out they all don't play good on linux But I did find a good site to set it up on windows.
It scans as fast as you can move the mouse But I still don't no much about the app.

The rtl dongle receives a wideband range of frequencies, its unlike 'standard' receivers by means of its a IQ receiver, the dongle converts radio frequencies into quadrature signals of lower frequency for the computer to process.

Burt I had issues with sdr#, I switched to hdsdr I find it much better.

Have you tried Gqrx software?
https://gqrx.dk
It's written specifically for Linux/Unix, and there's a Pi version available. I use it on my Macintosh with an RTL dongle.

I have a rtl-sdr it shows up but i cant get it to work as normal user but i didnt try it much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back