Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MCU web server Idea

Status
Not open for further replies.

georgetwo

Good day,
I want to make an avr microcontroller blased web server, from my research, I need a wifi module and a wifi router to enable me network multiple devices together. I don't have enough information about transmitting and receiving the html codes. My main problem is this:

1. If i buy a wifi router with sim card slot, will it allow my microcontroller to act as a server on the Internet while I am using Gsm network?

2. I need any material that teaches what goes on in the microcontroller and wifi network and how i can go about the html transmission.

Thanks for your time
Im expecting to see your comments and recommendations. Thanks

Thanks for the reply

Can I go ahead to buy a router with sim card slot?
I am not sure If the device can be connected to the cloud with gsm 3g network.

If you use a ESP8266 you don't need a microcontroller it is one LOL
It has adc uart spi and gpio's
'gsm 3g network"
Do you mean using phone as hotspot Then yes.
If you mean using a gsm module and then letting you use it as wifi then Yes
just maybe slow.

Last edited:
They work good from what I see but to be reliable your code needs to be in firmware. I've used them as web sever and to switch stuff on over the net.
But code in firmware let's you have more space then running lua or arduino code. I put one on a board and added a ch340g chip worked out good just hard to solder the little ch340g usb to tll chip.

ESP12.jpg

Those show you what you can do using arduino and yes they work to a point and the point is it's dark outside your wife logs in to your esp 12 to turn on the lights oh the dang thing offline you say honey it should be running and should of turn on the lights. It's not reliable using arduino code and lua.
there easy to use not reliable. Code thats complied in uses lots of the less ram

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back