Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

rotary switch question

Status
Not open for further replies.

grimxneko

im planning to use a rotary switch in a circuit design -here- (though this goes for any multiple position rotary switch) and i was just wondering, do you have to use all of the leads? in other words, if i were to only use 2 or 3 out of the 4 positions, what would i do with the unwanted remanding lead(s)? im assuming it's ok to just leave them alone, untouched, but i just want to be sure.

Yes, you can just leave the leads unconnected.

You might want to adjust the stops so the switch can physically only move to the positions you want it to.

Hi grimxneko,

first remove the nut and the lock washer. Underneath the lock washer should be another ring with a notch - embedded in the plastic body -.

There should be numbers on top of the body indicating switch position. Turn the switch to the zero (or one) position and place the ring with the notch produding into the hole of the desired final position.

Turn the switch to test - done. :)

See attachment

Regards

Boncuk

Attachments

• ROTARY-SWITCH..gif
    ROTARY-SWITCH..gif
    8.6 KB · Views: 117
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips