Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Rotary Encoder plugin module?

Status
Not open for further replies.

augustinetez

Has anybody by any chance written a rotary encoder plugin module for Oshonsoft?

Something like two buttons, one for up, one for down (or A & B if you like) that will switch two inputs in the right sequences to emulate said device.

I know nothing about writing plug-ins for Oshonsoft otherwise I would give it a go myself.

I saw that one and it only relates to the actual Basic code for an encoder in a program, I'm looking for a plug-in for the sim.

I can make the sim do what I want by manually switching the inputs, but I keep forgetting which way I switch them for a given CW or CCW direction change, hence a little plug-in where I only have push qone button to trigger one or the other switch changes would make it somewhat easier to do.

Has anybody by any chance written a rotary encoder plugin module for Oshonsoft?

Something like two buttons, one for up, one for down (or A & B if you like) that will switch two inputs in the right sequences to emulate said device.

I know nothing about writing plug-ins for Oshonsoft otherwise I would give it a go myself.
Hi A,
I have rotary encoders in Oshonsoft.
I use PICs such as 18F2431 and 18F4431 which have QEI encoders built in.
If you are wishing to write the CODE yourself, then I can't really help.
you need to understand quadrature and how the switching works. quadrature automatically works forwards and backwards, depending on the quadrature sequence.
Cheers, Camerart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back