Robot Chef

Status
Not open for further replies.
By the way.......How do I make a automatic rice cooker? I just browsed the web and there wasn't anything. I'm gonna build this and then when i'm done imma go and make a robot chef.

In it's simplest form the rice cooker is just a pot on a stove. Accurate temperature control and rice to water ratio are important. Presoak will help too.
A good rice cooker can be $180 US, a great one (Induction heating) $250 for a 5 cup.

Figure out how to heat a small pot and measure temperature first.

Actually, i'm gonna stick with the RoboChef for now. It's just for fun anyhow and if it works i'll probably make same $$ to pay back for what I spent on making it.

Most of the rice cookers used in restraunts are little more then a aluminum pot with a spring loaded thermostat switch unit that presses up against the bottom center of the pot. They are great when they work. They get old and die. I rebuilt many of these for a friend. Came to dislike them.

You could do a better job in a heated pot with a probe and a relay to turn off the heat. This one should be easy.

If you want a robot which can prepare food, why not buy bender?

**broken link removed**

Sure his food has been known to kill people and plants and burn holes in floors, but it seems like a good step forward for this project

Edit: Perhaps you could find bender schematics on google and build a replica

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…