Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Robot Chef

Status
Not open for further replies.
By the way.......How do I make a automatic rice cooker? I just browsed the web and there wasn't anything. I'm gonna build this and then when i'm done imma go and make a robot chef.

In it's simplest form the rice cooker is just a pot on a stove. Accurate temperature control and rice to water ratio are important. Presoak will help too.
A good rice cooker can be $180 US, a great one (Induction heating) $250 for a 5 cup.

Figure out how to heat a small pot and measure temperature first.

Actually, i'm gonna stick with the RoboChef for now. It's just for fun anyhow and if it works i'll probably make same $$ to pay back for what I spent on making it.

Most of the rice cookers used in restraunts are little more then a aluminum pot with a spring loaded thermostat switch unit that presses up against the bottom center of the pot. They are great when they work. They get old and die. I rebuilt many of these for a friend. Came to dislike them.

You could do a better job in a heated pot with a probe and a relay to turn off the heat. This one should be easy.

If you want a robot which can prepare food, why not buy bender?

**broken link removed**

Sure his food has been known to kill people and plants and burn holes in floors, but it seems like a good step forward for this project :)

Edit: Perhaps you could find bender schematics on google and build a replica :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back