Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ring Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

bazaaaaaaaa

G'day,
I have a 12-up White LED ring LXHL-NWE6, Can anyone point me in the right direction on using the unit with batteries, I want to use it for a camera ring light, I bought the unit in a sale without any information on voltage etc, unfortunately I am not at all an electronics person,

'cording to the datasheet, the 12-up ring is two parallel strings of 6 leds. Vf 21vdc (typ) If 0.7a - so that's nearly 15 watts

datasheet:
**broken link removed**

Perhaps you can search for some sort of switch mode circuit that would charge a big capacitor up to 22v and then dump it into the led array on demand. would probably need a monster cap.

alternately you 24v battery from 7 lion cells - recharging it would be kinda tricky.

another idea would be a boost circuit, feed it 12v by way of 10 nimh cells, and have it roughly double the voltage. transistors could be used to change the feedback resistance for the switcher, to simulate a tally light effect (low output) and a strobe (full output)

A simple search yeiled this as the first result:

**broken link removed**

Max forward current is 700mA for the white LED model. You will need to use a resitor to limit the current to 700mA or less.

White LEDs need around 3 - 3.5 volts each to light.

The link I posted shows 2 strings of 6 LEDs

That would mean you will need somwhere around 20 volts to light the ring.

(sorry - posted at the same time as justDIY)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back