Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RFID chip 860-960 MHz, that also has some sort of IO pins?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Triode

I posted something similar about a month ago, but I have some more specific details now.

Does anyone know of an RFID chip 860-960 MHz Gen 2, that also has some sort of IO pins? This would be the ISO18000 standard, UHF rfid. I can find chips that are mountable, but they usually only have antenna pins. For my purposes I don't care if the other wired output is I2C, SPI, or any other form of DIO, as long as it can be mounted to a device that can read it's memory.

I have found very similar devices in the 13.56 MHz range

But I need more range than that. I need something that can have memory written wirelessly without it's own power, but still have a way to access that memory when the device it's attached to is powered.

Failing that, does anyone know of a 13.56 MHz Reader/writer that has a longer range. Perhapse it is a limitation of the band, but I can't find any with more than a 25 mm read range. If I can find one that can do atleast half a meter that would also solve my problem and I'll just use one of these 13.57 MHz chips.

Thanks for the help!

Last edited:
So I keep finding this series of chips in my search, it seems ideal
**broken link removed**

The SLC3S4011 and 4012 seem to be exactly what I need. Memory with an I2C interface and a UHF RFID interface. But they aren't in stock anywhere! I ordered some samples because those were available.

So if I can find a source to order these, or another chip that's similar that should do it. Though one that had an eval board available would be nice, but this may be too niche for that to exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back