Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RF rising falling edge

Status
Not open for further replies.

visionpro

Hi, I wonder if anyone can help me with some info on the timing of the rising/falling edge timing of rf.
This is in regard to RF for model RC vehicules. I recently had an interference problem with a radio controlled car. This was while showing the car to a friends son.
My friend, an electronics professional is intrigued by what was happening to the timing of the rising/falling edge.
We tried to check this on his oscilloscope, , but were unable to discern accurrately what was going on.
His interest is trying to discern what happens when someone switches on a transmitter on the same freq.
Apologies, if this question is worded poorly, I am not electronics savvy.
I am posting this on behalf of someone else. As he is considering the practicality building me a one off device as a failsafe.
I know these type of failsafe can be purchased.

With thanks
DS. :D

This sounds perfectly normal to me, unless I am missing something. What I am getting is that you while you were showing the car to your friend's son, you got some interference from another remote/transmitter. Is this a remote for another RC car, a garage door remote . . .?

visionpro said:
Hi, I wonder if anyone can help me with some info on the timing of the rising/falling edge timing of rf.
This is in regard to RF for model RC vehicules. I recently had an interference problem with a radio controlled car. This was while showing the car to a friends son.
My friend, an electronics professional is intrigued by what was happening to the timing of the rising/falling edge.
We tried to check this on his oscilloscope, , but were unable to discern accurrately what was going on.
His interest is trying to discern what happens when someone switches on a transmitter on the same freq.
Apologies, if this question is worded poorly, I am not electronics savvy.
I am posting this on behalf of someone else. As he is considering the practicality building me a one off device as a failsafe.
I know these type of failsafe can be purchased.

Radio control models work by transmitting variable width pulses which are sent to the servos. All fail safes do is provide a local source of pulses if the radio derived ones are lost - as in being out of range, or interfered with enough to lose them.

They are usually used in RC planes, so that it doesn't disappear into the distance - when the radio pulses are lost the fail safe will put the plane into a circle so it spirals down.

They are not normally used in cars.

FR signal

Thanks for the reply.
I'll try to clarify. I knew I made it a clumsy question.
What happened was that my car (actually a monster truck) ranaway due to a loose crystal. This started us talking, and I mentioned the regular accurance of runaways at the track I race at. There are numerous causes. One of them being when someone turns on a transmitter on the same frequency. This, in a perfect world does'nt happen. But the place I race, on the tar, caters for a lot of newbies.
We also have monster trucks, originally as a novelty. But is very popular now, partly due to how spectacular they are. And failsafes are very common on the cars in Austalia. But most don't protect against a second signal.
So one of the problems is when a second transmitter, is turned on. Is loss of control of the vehicule.
So we set up a test with two transmitters on the same channel as my rc car.
Then the servo of my car was connected to an oscilloscope. And while a change in signal was detected, my friend could not discern exactly what was happening to the signal.
He asked that I try to find out, what the failsafes, that do have this function look for.
He is looking I think for the timing of the rising/falling of the signal. To see what changes.

Des

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back