Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RF layout for 2.4 GHz chip antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

borinsm

I don't have much experience with RF layout considerations regarding trace routing and anything that may affect performance (such as type of trace bends or extra pads in the output RF trace) so I am looking for suggestions on a specific question.

If I have an output 50 ohm microstrip line trace going to the chip antenna and I'd like to branch off from this trace to route to a footprint for a coax test port, can I do something like put a 0r jumper in series with the normal chip antenna trace to be able to cut that path when not in use and at the same time have another 0r jumper coming off the RF trace at 90 degrees to route to that test port, so that I populate one jumper at a time depending what RF output path I want?

I didn't know if it was an issue to have a 90 degree bend through the one jumper, and if the unused pads and small dead end (unpopulated) traces matter or not.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back