Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RF frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.

George2020666

Hi

This is my first post and I know very little on the subject of electronics.

I have a remote for my shower and as it not IR or Wireless I assume its RF, correct me if Im wrong. Im trying to get Alex to control the remote but I cant find the frequency the remote uses (starting point). I have taken it apart and on what looks like the chip it has 7030 4701 written on it. I have searched the net, but Im not really sure what Im looking for or where to start.

Any tips would be appreciated

Thanks

George

Assuming you mean Alexa? (Amazon Echo), then just because it's a radio remote doesn't mean you can control it. For Alexa to control it you really need it to have WiFi or BlueTooth.

BTW, Radio IS Wireless (as is IR) - it was the original term for a Radio, before Radio was used.

You can get IR/Rf controllers (voice controlled) but Im not sure of the frequency of my remote, hence my request to find the frequency.

You can get IR/Rf controllers (voice controlled) but Im not sure of the frequency of my remote, hence my request to find the frequency.

It's not just a question of the frequency, they will all be fairly similar (as they have to use licence free bands, although there are usually a few bands, and they vary from country to country). Mostly it's a question of coding, with a wide variety of different coding systems and actual codes in use.

The frequency alone isn't enough to get something to work. The way that the signal is encoded has to be correct for the shower to work.

The encoding might not be standard, so a different controller might not work.

Ok, thanks. Im just trying to figure it out. The RF controllers I have seen have a "learn mode" for the remote. Will this cover the issue?

Ok, thanks. Im just trying to figure it out. The RF controllers I have seen have a "learn mode" for the remote. Will this cover the issue?
Possibly. The frequency will have to be correct, and the encoding will have to be in the possible range of encodings covered by the RF controller, and there will have to be no security. Car entry systems have had some sort of security for 20 years or more, but for a shower or similar it probably won't be used.

you can find out a lot of the technical data about any device you have by using the FCC ID number on the device, and looking it up here: https://www.fcc.gov/oet/ea/fccid

Reactions: JMW
He's in the UK.

does the British government have a similar process for type accepting and certification of wireless devices?

There's certainly very strict controls on radio use over here.

I think there is another post that clearly shows your perception of "strict" is a fairy tale fantasy because, as you eventually disclosed, the punishment is essentially non-existent.

Anyhow, if it is similar To the FCC process as you claim, can you point us to the UK database that is similar to the US FCC database?

you can find out a lot of the technical data about any device you have by using the FCC ID number on the device, and looking it up here: https://www.fcc.gov/oet/ea/fccid

I think there is another post that clearly shows your perception of "strict" is a fairy tale fantasy because, as you eventually disclosed, the punishment is essentially non-existent.

That was in one particular case, where the defender cleverly manipulated the judge and got an excellent result.

Anyhow, if it is similar To the FCC process as you claim, can you point us to the UK database that is similar to the US FCC database?

I've no idea if there is one, or if there is if it's publicly accessible or not?.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back