Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RF book

Status
Not open for further replies.

sledhead

I'm looking for a solid book on RF theory. Also, I would like a book with solid examples. Does anybody have a book that they really found useful?
Thanks

Look at American Radio Relay League and Radio Society of Great Britain websites for publications. There are also many others aimed at radio amateurs. I am not sure what you mean by 'solid.' It's safe to say that the books aimed at radio amateurs will be somewhat different than a book written for an RF engineer. Many of the amateur books that I have do tie in well with other publications even though they can stand alone. I understand that many design professionals do use these books.

I just got the ARRL handbook from amazon.com for $7. It will cover all the RF theory that you need I'm sure. It was the 1999 version, but other older versions will probably work for you.

Thank you for the information. I'm looking for a book geared to a RF engineer. Something about electromagnetic waves and antennas. Probably a EE college book. Any ideas?

Thanks

fredsm said:
Try: "Reference Data for Radio Engineers"
(Howard W. Sams & Co./ITT)

<als>

It doesn't get anymore "hardcore" than that book. If it isn't covered in the 1500 pages there, you have discovered something new.

May be a little hard to find though, been out of print for a few years now ( was in print for over 50 years tho :shock: ). Quite the gem.. covers ALOT more than RF, very useful reference. Sort of the equivalent of the Machinists Handbook for electronics.

It's the kind of book that the more you read the more you realize how much you don't know!.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back