Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Reverse LCD display

Status
Not open for further replies.

PyRo1509

I'm looking for a transparent LCD display, much like those clocks that you can see through... But I need it to be a negitive.
I.E. light cannot pass through it except for where the numbers are displayed.... think of it as for use as a kind of a projector

anyone know of any good websites or a product? I only need about 3 digits.. different sizes will work

If you use the light polarizer on the LCD in reverse way (back side is front), you'll get this effect. This is the first layer of LCD and somethimes available as separate sheet which shoulde be place in front of display. If used in one way, segments will appear black with transparent background and if used in other way they'll appear transparent with black background as you need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back