Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Resistor Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marc0P0l0

Hi, everyone. I am new to the electronics and circuit schematics, although i do have a physics background from high school (ie Ohms law and Kirchoffs laws). However, the circuit schematics sometimes throw me off completely. For example, this circuit i made in EveryCircuit app. Can someone please explain to me, why does the current doesn't flow through 2 bottom resistors in the middle? I just can not wrap my head around it. Can someone please explain it to me or at least suggest any educational material that covers it? I know it is may sound as basic, simple question, but for me its a struggle.
circle.png

Simplify and re-draw the circuit.

Where there are two resistors in series, replace them with one resistor with the value of the sum of the two individual resistors.

We then get a circuit like this:
ETO Problem.png

R3 is the simplification of the resistors with no current, I have shown them disconnected from the rest of the circuit.

You will see that the two connection points both have a potential of 0.5v.
Connecting points with the same voltage will not result in current flowing.

JimB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back