Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Resistor Circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

mpaap

**broken link removed** - I need help with that homework!
Check out the picture. Is there anyone who can solve it? or is there a program which solves it?

Calculate the impedance circuit is shown in the figure, the current in all resistors and resistors abeyance annually. All resistors have resistance 10oomi scheme of the limbs and voltage 44V [translated by google translator]

Supply Voltage = 44V
each resistor = 10Ω

and in Estonia It's I=U/R, not I=V/R

I know:
I,U,R, R1,R2,R3,R4,R5,R6, I1,I2,U1,U2
i need to know:
I3,I4,I5,I6,U3,U4,U5,U6

Waiting for assist, thanks

I'm not going to give you the answer....but here's a little help...I've simplified the drawing but there's a little work left for you to do...

Attachments

• resistor.jpg
    resistor.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 302
hmm, i'll try
Thanks for your help.

I don't get it, how do i find from your simplified circuit a I3 or I4 or I5 or I6 ?

Last edited:
here's a clue....read up on resistor networks...resistors in series and parallel....

i do not know what to do next :/
i found all the resistors resistivity
R123456 = 11Ω
and I = 4A
What can i find next?

You need to show how you arrived at your figures....

Show us your calculations.......

How did you end up with 11ohms if it is initially given as 10?

The equations you will need : V = IR
Facts: In parallel 1/R1 + 1/R2....1/Rn = 1/Rot
In series R1 + R2 ... + Rn = Rtot

I get 15 ohms in parallel with 10 and that combo in series with 5.

ok, the combined resistance of the 5r and the two parallel ones(10 and 15) comes out at 11 ohms...
With a pd of 44 volts across the 2 resistors which are effectiviely in series, gives a current flow of 4 amps...

Calc the voltage across the first two 10 ohm resistors by V=IR...then subtract that from the 44v to give the voltage across the remaining three....

Now are we getting somewhere?

and maybe you can suggest me something

hi,
Lets try it in simple steps.:)
You know that all the resistors are 10 ohms.

Step1:
So what is the resistance of R4 and R5 in parallel..???

Answer this first.:)

Resistance of R4 and R5 is 5 ohms, same with R1 and R2. i calculated whole resistance, and it's 11 ohms

well, if the voltage is 44 and resistance is 11 then I = V / R so.. I = 44 / 11 = 4A
now what?

well, if the voltage is 44 and resistance is 11 then I = V / R so.. I = 44 / 11 = 4A
now what?

Good.

You know the value of R1 and R2 in parallel is 5R, so use ohms law to find the voltage drop across R1 and R2

Vdrop= 5ohms * 4Amps =.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back