Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Resetting Timer Circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sailorb

OK here is the Idea: Contact switch is engaged for desired time ( changeable from 5-30 min in 5 min increments) then a pleasant chime sounds. If contact switch is released prior to desired set time then unpleasant buzzer time sounds and resets to start over.

I have been looking at some 555/556 circuits but wonder if there isn't something out there already doing this in some form that I could adapt. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Nothing I can think of off the top of my head. Maybe you are the sort that would prefer to work with time-delay relays. They run about $30-$50 apiece, have adjustable time in the minutes and seconds range. You will need three of them, as well as a buzzer, door chimes, 24V doorbell transformer and a switch. If you have more money than you have patience to wire up 555 timers (and the drivers and the power supply) this is the usual alternative.

Last edited:
Thanks Duffy I may look at that and just starting to play with the Idea but it does need to be inexpensive and was starting to play with a schematic that uses a battery I have tried to post it here but can't for some reason now

Delays beyond a few minutes are a problem with the 555 due to the high value of the required timing resistor and capacitor. A better way is to use a oscillator/counter such as this. This also allows varying the delay by the 4060 output selected and by changing oscillator frequency.

hi,
You could configure an astable using a 7555 timer for 5 minutes and clock a 4017 counter/decoder, to give 5 min intervals from 5 min to 30 min

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back