Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Require super tiny battery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bowser22

Looking for a battery or multiple batterys that will fit into a bic pen tube and still allow travel for wires. I require it to give me 3.3v at the same mah as rs232 standards. Its a project to build a super tiny self contained probe if youre wondering. Anways!
Thanks alot
''Bowser

Don't know what pen you are using exactly, but I have a regular pen here that measures .273 ID and the EverReady 364 cell is .267 dia.

You're not going to find batteries that small that will meat your requirements. Batteries that small can barely put out any current, let alone the voltage and current requirements for RS232, at least not for more than about a minute.

Last edited:
The inside of a bic pen is pretty tiny, not much room in there for anything. What are the running current requirements for your circuit? and what kind of run time to do you need? Considering you're using RS232 for communication why can't you also connect a power cable? Or use the handshake lines to sneak a little bit of power?

Last edited:
its a probe for retreiving the key data from an xbox 360 drive and im trying to contain it all in one package, i may produce these units to make a little bit of cash.**broken link removed**

thats what im working on, see where the 5v comes from the molex? that should be 3.3v and im trying to supply that power without the use of an external power source or extra connectors.

So what do you need a battery for?

I have to assume you're talking about the current popular Bic Round Stik pen family, which has an inner diameter of about 6.5 mm. The smaller hearing aid batteries (520010, 520020) are 5.75 and 5.8 mm respectively.

can i stack hearing aid batteries into a cell or will it quickly be drained?do they make rechargeable hearing aid batteries?

A BR435 will probably fit inside any pen sized case you could imagine, but they are expensive.

You’d be better off powering it from the serial port or USB, since you are already connecting it to the computer.

You will also have to have a means to wire a common reference (ground) between the X-box and the probe monitor (DB-9 pin 5) for this to work.

Lefty

what do you mean a common ground?like a ground from the db9 to the grnd on the drive?why doesnt this schem have a common ground
Thanks
;colin

ps...sometimes i sound very stupid

Last edited:
what do you mean a common ground?like a ground from the db9 to the grnd on the drive?why doesnt this schem have a common ground
Thanks
;colin

ps...sometimes i sound very stupid

"like a ground from the db9 to the grnd on the drive?"

Yes, that is what is required.

"why doesnt this schem have a common ground"

I see a ground pin located in the picture of the board.

Lefty

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back