Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Request for help building a massive Dot-Matrix Printer

Status
Not open for further replies.

ts22360

OK I need to build some sort of device that can control 8 solenoid valves up to 20x/sec each (basically a massive dot matrix printer). What's the best way to do this? I'm thinking of a serial connection to Stamp 2 to solenoid array. Is this the best way to go?

(I have about 2 weeks to get this thing together and have scant knowledge of building these things, however, I'm going to give it a shot).

any help with design would be greatly appreciated. This'll be a fantastic project if I get it done in time.

Cheers.

how are you controling it, from a PC? or an MCU eitherway you could use alota methods

1.) Use a serial to paralel shifter
2.) Use a 3 of 8 decoder
3.) use 8 I/O pins off a MCU
4.) Use a Dallas/Maxim 1-Wire DS2408 (8 Channel Switch), this uses 1-Wire to send the data and it decodes the data to the 8 I/O pins

Cheers
Linux

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back